Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Recipe - Protein Drink


I loved the idea of a protien shake that is whole foods and free of artifical nasties.
This was my lunch on Sunday - I had just trained for three hours, and though I knew I needed to refuel to make it through the afternoon sessions, I didn't feel like I could eat a "solid" meal and train.  This worked a treat!  I loved it.  Though be warned I have an open minded palate - and even I thought it tasted unusual! Not bad at all, just unlike anything I have had before - GREEN berry taste ??
 
 
  • 1 cups low fat whole bean soy milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen berries (i <3 raspberries)
  • 1 tbl sp LSA
  • 1 tsp spirulina powder
  • 2 tsp honey
 
I suggest combining all ingredients aside from the frozen berries and blend.  Once the honey is blended you can add the berries and blend.  The coldness of the frozen berries is really refreshing! If you think it might be a bit too green, try halving the spirulina powder :)

Be warned - its green !!

| 156 Cal | 8.4 g Protein | 14.6 g Carb |

No comments:

Post a Comment